Values & Personal Experience
- Christian Values: Ordained Christian minister serving in Iowa for more than 40 years.
- Patriotic Values: Conducts freedom seminars around Iowa and the Midwest helping people recognize the threats to our freedom and understand the principles that made America blessed and free.
- Political Involvement: Experience in caucuses and state-wide political organizations, chair of the Iowa County Republicans, a state coordinator for Mike Huckabee’s campaigns, and more.
- Pro-life Action: Cofounder, president and board chair of Informed Choice of Iowa medical clinics for 10 years.
- Personal Rights: Strong supporter of the Constitution, including freedom of speech, assembly, privacy, and the right to keep and bear arms.
- State Rights: Federal government should be restrained according to the few powers enumerated in the Constitution. All other rights belong to the states and the people. I embrace the right of the states to nullify unconstitutional federal mandates.
- Hobbies: Hunting, competitive shooting sports, hobby gun smithing and metal work.
- Real Life Common Sense Experience: Operation and repair of heavy equipment, general contracting, home construction, real estate development, and swamp draining!